I wish I had known that.....................
- That the only recording I may have of my partner is on a voicemail, on my phone or my answer machine which may automatically get deleted.
- (Please save them now if you are concerned, this can be devastating for some people)
- Where to go to get child psychologist help for the children
- (Please visit www.bacp.co.uk for information on finding a qualified counsellor)
- That Widowed and Young exisited – www.widowedandyoung.org.uk a charity for those under 50 who have lost a partner
- That someone had told me that I didn't have to rush the funeral and that I could have had a memorial service, several months later, instead of planning an event just after my husband died, which was insane!
- That I should have said yes to any practical help offered. Grief can be exhausting and I would have appreciated jobs being done around the house, that my children were looked after for a while and that paperwork was dealt with for me.